AKG C214 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
AKG's industry-leading C414 microphones are already a permanent fixture in the world's biggest recording studios and a highly respected workhorse for independent artists, broadcasting, and on-stage miking as well.
The new C214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C414 family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and AKG's patented Back-Plate Technology, which results in an outstanding performance very close to the famous C414 B-XLS.
Like the C414 models, the C214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20dB Attenuation pad, 13dB noise floor, and a low cut switch - all in an elegant but rugged package.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
The C214 comes complete with carrying case, windscreen and spider suspension mount included.
- AKG's legendary 1" edge-terminated large diaphragm sound
- Outstanding dynamic range (up to 156dB SPL, ultra-low noise)
- Roadworthy design
- Integrated suspension to reduce mechanical noise
- Switchable 20dB attenuation pad and low-cut switch
- Rugged, double-mesh grille for high RF immunity but unaffected acoustics
- All-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
- Spider-type shockmount included
- Metal carrying case included
- Designed, engineered and built in Vienna, Austria