Yamaha PSR-EW425 76-Key Touch-Sensitive Portable Keyboard
The PSR-EW400 series is an excellent gigging instrument, with a 76-key keyboard that more experienced players can make the most of. The latest PSR-EW425 features a newly developed tone generator that delivers stunning improvements in sound quality as well as high-quality effects such as delays, and as a premium organ sound sampled from the YC series of high-end stage keyboards.
Yamaha PSR-EW425 Key Features at glance:
- 76 Full-Size Keys, Touch Sensitivity
- 820 High-Quality Sounds / Grand Piano
- 290 Auto-Accompaniment Styles, 30 Songs
- Quick Sampling, Groove Creator
- 24W Speaker System, Headphone Jack
- Live Control Knobs, Pitch-Bend Wheel
- 1/4" Microphone Input, 3.5mm Aux Input
- USB MIDI, Onboard Audio & MIDI Recorder
- Battery or AC Powered
With its extended 76-key keybed, the PSR-EW425 allows you to play more complex piano pieces than you could on a 61-key keyboard. The full-size keys sense hard and soft playing and match the dynamics of each key stroke to accurately capture every nuance of your playing style. You can enjoy a full range of instruments with 820 high-quality acoustic and synth sounds including a high-resolution grand piano.
The built-in 290 auto-accompaniment styles provide real-time band backing tracks based on the chords you play and in a variety of musical genres from around the world such as pop, rock, dance, jazz, R&B, salsa, and more.
The keyboard can be powered either via six D batteries (available separately) or by the included power adapter.
Unique Playing Experience with Live Controls
- Two assignable Knobs allow you to manipulate various effects and parameters on sounds, auto-accompaniment, and more in real time, just like on an analog synthesizer.
- Modify the sounds in your performance with Filter, Pitch, and Modulation effects while holding the Motion Effect button.
- The pitch-bend wheel adjusts the pitch of the sound, adding expressivity to sounds like the guitar, sax, and trumpet.
- Hold down the Articulation button to reproduce the sounds of playing techniques that are unique to specific acoustic instruments like guitars, flutes, sax, slap bass, and more.
- Direct Category Access buttons let you instantaneous access the sounds and accompaniments you prefer for the musical genre of your choice.
820 High-Quality Sounds with 64-Note Polyphony
- 820 high-quality instrument sounds including 294 panel voices, 28 drum/SFX kits, and 458 XGlite voices, all with 64-note polyphony.
- Layer Mode: Not only can you play just one single sound, but you can layer a second sound over the first sound.
- Split Mode: Allows you to play one sound on the left hand and a different sound on the right hand.
Real-Time Backing Tracks
- 290 auto-accompaniment styles provide real-time band backing tracks (rhythm + bass + chord accompaniment) that you can control by simply playing root notes or chords with your left hand.
- Smart Chord technology allows players of all levels to achieve complex chord harmony using only a few fingers, driving the Style engine to produce incredible-sounding ensemble accompaniments.
Capture Sounds and Play Them Back on Your Keyboard
- Capture, edit, and playback up to 4 samples, max 9.6 sec/sample.
- Normal: The pitch of the sound varies depending on the key you play.
- Loop: The sample is played in a loop without changing the pitch.
- One-shot: The sample is played only once without changing the pitch.
Create Music Like a DJ
- Create your own groove with intro, section change, and musical climax. By turning each track on/off, altering sections, or adding various effects using the live control knobs, you have real-time control of your own EDM tracks.
- Once you have made a track you like, save it to a USB device as an audio file.
Plug in a Microphone and a Portable Music Player
- The 1/4" microphone input allows you to connect a microphone, so you can sing along while you play. Hear your voice through the instrument's speakers, and even record your performance to USB audio. The built-in Melody Suppressor lowers the volume of vocals and melody lines of the original recordings, leaving that part open for you to play or sing.
- The 3.5mm aux input allows you to connect your portable music player, Android/iOS device, mixer, or computer and uses the instrument's speakers to play back the audio and jam along your favorite songs.
Powerful 24W Speaker System with Mega Boost
- The 12W+12W amplifiers power the high-definition speakers, delivering electrifying, crystal-clear sound, and offering solid support in standalone performance situations. The Mega Boost function lets you greatly increase your sound level by +6 dB at the press of a button.
- Plug in headphones for quiet play at any time.
USB MIDI and USB Audio Interface for Connecting to Your Computer
- The USB to Host terminal allows you to connect the keyboard to a computer or portable device and record MIDI or 16-bit / 44.1 kHz high-quality stereo audio without the need for an additional interface.
- Record your performances to USB flash drives. The USB to Device port lets you load and save your settings and songs to a USB flash drive, as well as transfer data from your computer.
|Manufacturer Model Number||PSR-EW425|
|Item Type||Portable Keyboard Keyboard 76 Full-Size Keys|
|Synth Action Touch Sensitivity||3 Levels of Sensitivity|
|Keyboard||Number of Keys||76|
|Touch Response||Yes (Soft, Medium, Hard, Fixed)|
|Other Controllers||Pitch Bend||
1 x Pitch Bend
2 x Knob
|Tone Generation||Tone Generating Technology||AWM Stereo Sampling|
|Polyphony||Number of Polyphony (Max.)||64 Voices|
|Preset||Number of Voices||820 (294 Panel Voices + 28 Drum/SFX kits + 40 Arpeggio + 458 XGlite Voices)|
|Featured Voices||10 Premium Organ Voices, 4 Live! Voices, 9 Sweet! Voices, 6 Cool! Voices, 14 Super Articulation Lite Voices|
|Types||DSP||DSP1: 41 types, DSP2: 12 types|
|Master EQ||4 types|
|Melody Suppressor||Yes (w/ pan adjustment)|
|Crossfade||Yes (between Internal Sound and External Audio)|
|Preset||Number of Preset Styles||290|
|Fingering||Multi finger, Smart Chord|
|Style Control||ACMP ON/OFF, SYNC START, SYNC STOP, START/STOP, INTRO/ENDING/rit., MAIN/AUTO FILL, TRACK ON/OFF|
|Other Features||One Touch Setting (OTS)||Yes|
|Compatibility||Style File Format (SFF)|
|Preset||Number of Groove||35|
|Number of Sections||5 (4 Sections + 1 Musical Climax/Ending)|
|Preset||Number of Preset Songs||820
|Recording||Number of Songs||
30 x Factory
10 x User
|Number of Tracks||6 (5 Melody + 1 Style/Groove Creator)|
|Data Capacity||Approx. 19,000 notes (when only “melody” tracks are recorded)|
|Compatible Data Format||Playback||SMF (Formats 0 & 1)|
|Recording||Original File Format (SMF 0 conversion function)|
|Recording Time (max.)||80 minutes (approx. 0.9 GB) per Song|
|Format||Playback||WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo)|
|Recording||WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo)|
|Sampling Type||One-shot, Loop|
|Sampling Time||Approx. 9.6 sec|
|Sampling Sources||AUX IN, MIC INPUT, USB audio interface, WAV format files|
|Sampling Format||Original File Format (16 bit, stereo)|
|Sampling Rate||44.1 kHz|
|USB audio interface||44.1 kHz, 16 bit, stereo|
|Registration||Number of Buttons||4 (x 8 banks)|
|Tempo Range||11 – 280|
|Transpose||-12 to 0, 0 to +12|
|Tuning||427.0 – 440.0 – 453.0 Hz (approx. 0.2 Hz increments)|
|Scale Type||5 types|
|Miscellaneous||PIANO Button||Yes (Portable Grand Button)|
|Other Functions||Mega Boost, Motion Effect (57 types)|
|Storage||Internal Memory||Approx. 1.72 MB|
|External Drives||USB flash drive|
|Connectivity||DC IN||16 V|
|AUX IN||Stereo mini jack x 1|
|Headphones||Standard stereo phone jack x 1|
|Sustain Pedal||1 x 1/4" Damper/Sustain (Pedal Not Included)|
2 x 1/4" Instrument Output
1 x 1/4" TRS Headphone Output
1 x 1/4" Microphone Input
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Aux Input
|USB TO DEVICE||
1 x USB Type-B (Host Connection)
1 x USB Type-A (External Memory)
|USB TO HOST||Yes|
|OUTPUT||Standard phone jack x 2|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||None|
|Microphone||Standard phone jack x 1|
|Amplifiers||2 x 12 W|
|Speakers||2 x 4.7" / 12 cm|
|Power Supply||AC Adaptors (PA-300C or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha) or batteries (Six “D” size alkaline (LR20), manganese (R20) or Ni-MH rechargeable (HR20) batteries)|
|Power Consumption||11 W (When using PA-300C AC adaptor)|
|Battery Type||6 x D|
|Auto Power Off Function||Off/5/10/15/30/60/120 (minutes)|
|Included Accessories||Music Rest||Yes|
|Song Book||Download from Yamaha web site|
|Physical Product||Size/Weight Dimensions|
|Included Accessories||Music Rest|
|Depth||1200x 404 x136mm 15-7/8”)|
|Dimensions||47.2 x 15.9 x 5.4" / 1200 x 404 x 136 mm|
|Weight||8.3 kg (18 lb, 5 oz) (not including batteries)|
|Package Weight||25.4 lbs.|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||50 x 19 x 8"|